Cómo transmitir cercanía y proximidadAt the end of the 90s the KAIKU Corporation launched a functional product (BiFi) which has been losing focus over the years, introducing many elements in its communication and positioning.
They set themselves the challenge of conveying consumer arguments linked to the naturalness of the product, proximity, and aligning it with their global strategy of being a producing brand committed to zero food mile products, in addition to rejuvenating the target to which they are directed.
A revisiting of the whole range is to provide visual coherence, structure and to segment varieties by gauging codes more relevant to their customers.
- Segment the range clearly to make it easily recognizable at the point of sale.
- Sort and prioritize information perceived by the consumer by eliminating a physical element (cluster) which does not reinforce the sustainability values of the brand.
- Lend more weight to the brand so that it is clearly identifiable and conveys consumer assurance in a category where there is an abundance of private label products.
- Create a spot on the shelf which is clearly distinguishable from the main competitors in the category.
- Simplify graphics to make it more understandable for the consumer.
We created a packaging which leaves the health argument, typical of bifidus yoghurts, in the background, to concentrate on conveying values of naturalness; the environmental commitment of a rich and tasty product.
We revisited the packaging for the whole range to define the visual structure and the architecture of the messages.
By renewing the brand and all the visual codes of the product, we chose to leverage communication in a trusted vector, with typical iconic elements of Basque culture, which serve both to attract the customer and to evoke the origin of the product.
A new BiFi ecosystem is created with elements which unify and provide coherence and recognition to the range on the shelf:
- Lay-out definition which organizes and simplifies the information.
- Nature reflected in the use of textures and noble materials such as wood, together with manual typography to show authenticity.
- We included illustrations of recognizable uniquely Basque cultural elements.
- The brand, as a confidence generator, gains presence and dimension as a whole.
- The codes which help in segmentation are product photographs, unusual for the category, with no retouching tricks or tweaks, interposed with illustrations which highlight the taste.
- We open bridges between tastes and invite the consumer to discover them with elements which generate cross selling.
Bifi by Kaiku takes values and attributes not capitalized on in their category and makes them uniquely theirs: a very natural dairy product, close to home. By using recognizable poignant codes, it immediately connects to their target audience.
A development over months which has personality; distinguishing the product on the shelf.